Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Spontaneous vs. Prompted

This year I would like to dismantle the Christmas day. I do not know why, I simply feel the urge to do it. This year I consider it (the Christmas) a pure commercial invention.

There are two many occasions throughout the year when you have to give presents: Christmas, birthdays, name days, March 8, March 1, Saint Nicholas, Valentine's Day, "our" anniversary (since we are a couple, since we have met, since we are engaged, since we've got married), coming back from national or international trips. And I strongly believe that all these "social recommendations" diminish the spontaneity of the act of giving (presents).

How many presents do we still receive simply for us, for what we are, because we exist etc.? Fewer and fewer ... the Christmas receives gifts, our birthday receives them, March 8 receives them, March 1, Saint Nicholas etc. I exist without these occasion ... you, too ... I want to receive and give presents with no occasion at all ... to hell with the retailers and producers ...

And Santa Clause, if he is so cool, why doesn't he handle this? He just provides the brand behind a huge event .... and does nothing else but promise. A huge Promise Gap ... covered by us, the ones that have been promised ... gee ...

Pentru limba romana apasati UNU.

No comments: